NFL Offseason Notes — January 23, 2018
For 30 of the 32 NFL teams, the off season has begun. That means changes to coaching positions. Although there are a few that aren't officially filled yet because they're waiting for the Patriots season to be done. Defensive coordinator for that Patriots Matt Patricia is going to Detroit, and Josh McDaniels, the offensive coordinator is apparently taking the Indianapolis Colts job. Here are some random NFL off season notes.
- The NY Giants have hired Pat Shurmer as their new head coach. Shurmer spent the past season as the Vikings offensive coordinator. Shurmer has been a head coach before. He coached the Cleveland Browns from 2011 to 2012.
- The Arizona Cardinals have filled their head coaching position by hiring the Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Steve WIlks.
- Todd Haley was recently let go by the Pittsburgh Steelers as offensive coordinator, and has now been hired by the Cleveland Browns for the same position.
- Despite the fact they made it to the NFC Championship game, the Minnesota Vikings still aren't sure about their quarterback. Both Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater have no clue what the next season will bring for them.
- Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Baker Mayfield let it be known he'd like for the Miami Dolphins to draft him. But, if he would rather be drafted by a franchise and a coach that knows how to plan around a quarterback, this should be good news for him as apparently Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints really likes the quarterback.
Oh and BTW, my theory was correct about the city of Philadelphia. Buzz mentioned that there was only 6 arrests after the Eagles won the NFC Championship to make it to the Super Bowl. And my theory was that people weren't behaving themselves, it was cops saying "f*** it, I don't want to deal with this."
Don't believe me? Just check out THIS BLOG with videos of the craziness.