7 Rock ‘n’ Roll Biopics We Need
Rock biopics are a pretty big thing right now. First it was Bohemian Rhapsody, then Motley Crue's The Dirt, and now we have Rocketman, the biopic of Elton John. So, what other rock biopics do we need? And we're not talking documentaries here.
- The Ramones - This was a movie that was teased multiple times in the show Entourage. Yes, there is a CBGB movie starring Alan Rickman, but we need a movie exclusive to the Ramones.
- Grunge - This movie would be all about the grunge movement, not one particular band. And it could be done a couple of different ways. Just focus on the big 4: Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Nirvana. Or go back to the beginning of grunge with bands that influenced the genre like Black Flag, leading to some of the original bands like The Melvins and Green River.
- Led Zeppelin - Yes, you have The Song Remains the Same, but we're talking about cinematic biopics with actors portraying the band members. Led Zeppelin is a must.
- Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath - You could really get two different movies from this. One all about Ozzy, and one all about Black Sabbath, including after Ozzy left and Ronnie James Dio took over. Last year there was a report that Sharon Osbourne was working on a movie about Ozzy's younger years.
- Gun N' Roses - Again, lots of options here for this band. You could just focus on the first run of GnR. Or, fast forward and wrap up the movie with the Not In This Lifetime Tour.
- Pink Floyd - With a history as long as Pink Floyd's you'll run into the same problem as some of these other bands. How do you fit it all into one movie? Maybe a series instead? Just the Syd Barrett years could fill at least half a movie.
- Van Halen - This would obviously be right in line with The Dirt, considering David Lee Roth makes an appearance at the apartment in Motley Cure biopic. And with the documentary Lost Weekend being released, which is all about the weekend an MTV winner got to party with Van Halen, this movie is primed to be made.
Here are some honorable mentions for rock biopic movies.
- David Bowie
- Lemmy Kilmister
- Rob Zombie
- Beastie Boys