Thanks to Nerd Wallet and USA Today here is a list of things you should and shouldn't buy in the month of August.
- Back-to-school supplies usually hit the stores in the month of July, and it's pretty nice to be ahead of the game by getting this task done early. But, the sales are usually better in the month of August.
- If you're in need of a major household item, hold off just a bit until Labor Day, since that's when a lot of sales on those items will pop up.
- If you need things for the outdoors, now is the time. Lawn mowers, patio furniture, etc. are usually on sale in the month of August. And even if you don't use what you buy much this year, you have it ready to go next summer.
- Stores are often getting ready to unload summer clothes to make room for winter clothes. So buy the summer clothes now, and just like the outdoor items, even if you don't use them much now, you have them for next summer.
- If your contract on your phone is up, WAIT! At least if you're planning on upgrading your iPhone. Apple is most likely going to unveil the new iPhone soon, which usually hits stores in September. So be patient.