Holiday Song History: ‘Winter Wonderland’
- Song - Winter Wonderland
- Year - 1934
- Written By - Felix Bernard (composer), Richard B. Smith (lyricist)
Other Random Facts
- The song was originally recorded by Richard Himber.
- The song has had over 200 different versions recorded. Artists include Michael Buble, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis, Frank Sinatra, Amy Grant, The Eurythmics, and Radiohead.
- Richard B. Smith wrote the song while being treated for tuberculosis.
- From Wikipedia, here is what the song is about:
The song's lyrics are about a couple enjoying a picturesque winter landscape. They build a snowman, who they agree to pretend is Parson Brown. They imagine the snowman asking if the couple is married, to which they tell him that they are not and tell the snowman that he can marry them.
- Multiple versions of the song have made the charts, including Guy Lombardo's version which was the highest on the charts at the time of its introdution.
- And Johnny Mercer's version hit number 4 on the charts.