Have you ever wondered what causes that twitch in your eyelid? It’s probably stress. Thats one telltale symptom that you need to get a handle on your stress levels. Here are some more hidden signs that you are stressed out:
- Dry Mouth: It’s common to load up on stimulants like coffee when we’re stressed, which leads to dehyration.
- Lack of Productivity: If you can’t focus on the task at hand and find yourself worrying about other things that need to be done, productivity plummets.
- Cuts and Bruises: When we are stressed out, the body releases endorphins which lessen pain. Therefore, cuts and bruises may appear and you don’t even know from where they came.
- Itchy Skin and Rashes: A lot of common skin conditions like eczema become worse under stress. That’s why our skin often improves on vacation.
- Cravings: When we’re stressed we crave comfort foods and carbohydrates because the body needs that extra boost of serotonin.
- Sore Mouths: Canker sores, cold sores, or a swollen mouth is often your body saying it needs a break from the overstimulation that it’s currently experiencing.
- Tightness in the Jaw: Stress may cause you to clench your jaw or grind your teeth at night. If your jaw feels tired or sore, you may be stressed out.