Six Weird Things That Could Put You in the Hospital
“It’s always fun till someone loses an eye.” We have all heard this phrase either from family or in movies or TV shows, but here is a list of some weird things that could put you in the hospital.
This list is courtesy of ABC News.
- Skinny jeans. If they’re tight enough, they can pinch the nerves at the tops of your thighs, and lead to a condition called meralgia paresthetica. Sometimes it requires surgery to fix the problem.
- A fat wallet. If you keep your wallet in your back pocket, you’re twisting your spine every time you sit down. It could lead to sciatica and even herniated discs.
- Flip-flops. If you’re always gripping them with your toes to keep them from falling off, it could lead to tendonitis.
- Drinking too much water. This is kind of hard to do. But too much water can dilute the essential nutrients in your blood. And in an extreme case you could actually die.
- Intense workouts. Aside from dehydration and heat sickness, you can get something called rhabdomyolysis. That’s when your muscles start to break down and leak protein into your bloodstream.
- Sneezing. The pressures in your neck and head go way up when you sneeze. Enough that you could even wrench your spinal column and be partially paralyzed. And if you sneeze with your mouth and nose closed, you could blow out your larynx.
Now you know what six things could possibly send you to the hospital so make your friends and family aware of them also to prevent them from going too.