Five Bad Foods That Are Actually Healthy
Lots of foods got a bad rep before we looked a little closer and figured out the good things they provide.
Woman's Day investigated and came up with ten bad foods that are actually good for you here are five of them:
- Steak. Red meat got a bad rep because its high in fat, but not all of it is. If you choose the right cut of lean beef, you have a steak packed with protein, iron, B-12, and zinc.
- Potatoes. The anti-carb fad basically wrecked potatoes. But there is nothing bad about them if you watch your serving size and prepare them right.
- Canned Vegetables. The word is that canned veggies have lost all their vitamins, but studies show they are just as healthy as frozen or fresh veggies.
- Eggs. They are blamed for heart disease and bad cholesterol even though they are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and protein. Research shows that having eggs daily does not hurt you, just take it easy on the five egg omelets.
- Pizza. If done right, pizza gives you a powerhouse of whole grains, veggies, and protein-rich dairy. If you start with whole wheat crust, load it with vegetable toppings and low-fat mozzarella, you have a pizza that's good for you.