2014 College Freshmen Were in Kindergarten During 9/11 and More Things To Make You Feel Old
It’s late August and time to make you feel old by letting you know some facts about this year’s crop of freshmen college students.
Beloit College in Wisconsin just released their annual “Mindset List.” This list has facts about college freshmen that will make you feel ancient, and it goes something like this:
- They were just starting kindergarten when 9/11 happened.
- They have never known life without “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” he took over the show in 1999 when they were three.
- They were never seduced into smoking by Joe Camel, he was gone by 1997.
- They have never known life without the WNBA, it started in 1997.
- Bill Gates has been the richest man in America their entire lives.
- They never experienced the AIDS crisis, the number of deaths attributed to AIDS has gone down steadily their entire lives.
- They have never used Netscape as a web browser.
- They have never had to hide those “Playboy” magazines, they could just look up naked women on the internet.
If you are not feeling old enough yet, you can check out the rest of the list online.