What Do American’s Fear Most In 2016?
The USA Today recently did a survey, asking Americans what they fear most in 2016. Here are the Top 10:
- Corruption of government officials (same top fear as 2015) — 60.6%
- Terrorist attacks — 41%
- Not having enough money for the future — 39.9%
- Being a victim of terror — 38.5%
- Government restrictions on firearms and ammunition — 38.5%
- People I love dying — 38.1%
- Economic or financial collapse — 37.5%
- Identity theft — 37.1%
- People I love becoming seriously ill — 35.9%
- The Affordable Health Care Act/”Obamacare” — 35.5%
It's interesting to see how some things can always be on that list, such as having a loved one becoming seriously ill or dying. Something that has probably increased since the Internet became a thing, like identity theft.
But there area also the fears of terror. And obviously since 2001, that had to have spiked there. I'd be willing to bet it dipped a bit over the years, especially after we got Bin Laden. But recently, it has to have increased with all the events happening.
Something that I'm not really sure is a fear, but definitely a concern, would probably be your favorite celebrity passing away. I mean, look back at the beginning of the year.