Stumped for Halloween Costume Ideas? Why Not Try Doing a Costume Mash-Up?
Halloween in on Monday and may people still haven't decided on a costume. It can be a real conundrum. On the one hand you don't want to pick anything TOO popular. Let's face it, no matter how good your Harley Quinn costume looks, you're going to be one of a dozen or so at any party you go to. Likewise, you don't want to do anything too obscure because one year I went as Kenny Powers in Eastbound and Down and 95% of the comments I got were "So, you're a baseball player, huh?"
Here's a suggestion: do a costume mash-up. Take two pop-culture references, make a combo and then wait for people to ask you what you are. The "reveal" is the best part. Here are some examples:
- The Setup: Dress up as a "popular fast-food clown". Then, wear a "political candidate" comb-over wig. Be sure to use lots of bronzer to get a very unnatural looking tan. What are you?
- The Reveal: Why, I'm Ronald McDonald Trump, of course!
Here's a great one for a male or female:
- The Setup: Wear a Wonder Woman costume. Then, put on dark glasses, put your hair in corn-rows and pretend to play the piano. What are you?
- The Reveal: Stevie Wonder Woman!
This one works for a couple.
- The Setup: One of you dress as the main villain from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The other partner dresses up like a cartoon chihuahua from a 1990s Nickelodeon cartoon.
- The Reveal: can tell your starting to get the hang of this! That's right...you're Kylo Ren & Stimpy!
See? This is fun.
- The Setup: Combine your love of Game of Thrones and Disney. Dress like everyone's favorite Ned Stark's bastard. But, instead of wearing black robes, wear a Disney Princess dress.
- The Reveal: Bam! You're Jon Snow White.
Seriously, dudes...you will get laid if you do this one.
I'll have more costume mash-up ideas tomorrow. Also, if this got the old creative juices flowing for you, please leave your ideas in the comment section below. Or, you can e-mail them to be at email@example.com.