Relive the Time Burt Reynolds Got Into with Marc Summers
Burt Reynolds passed away at the age of 82. There are a lot of things to remember Burt Reynolds for. Smokey and the Bandit, Deliverance, Boogie Nights, etc. Even when he was on the show Archer was great. But for some reason this is what always pops into y head when I think of Burt Reynolds.
This was when Marc Summers was big on Nickelodeon. And for some reason Reynolds seemed to have a problem with Summers right out of the gate.
- 1:28 - This is when things seemed to start to go bad as Reynolds rips into Summers for having his back to him. Which quickly leads to Summers cracking a joke about still being married (I believe Reynolds had just gone through his nasty divorce with Loni Anderson). Reynolds response to that? Dumping his water in Summers lap.
- 3:03 - Summers gets Reynolds back with the water dump.
- 3:30 - Reynolds admits he deserves it, and proceeds to crack a joke about Summers wife.
- 4:15 - Summers cracks a joke about having a full time job. Promptly after, one of the producers or stage hands brings out a pie.
- 5:05 - After the pie fight, Reynolds grabs Summers for a hug. After this is seems like everything ends up being okay between the two, and it ends with Reynolds signing a copy of his book for Summers.
You might be wondering why things seemed to be so tense already from the beginning. Well, apparently Leno had cracked a joke about Reynolds divorce earlier, which had already put him in quite a surly mood.