Rare Tom Petty Memorabilia Going To Auction In Texas This Month
If you ever wanted the chance to own vintage Tom Petty guitars, rare memorabilia and stage outfits from the late icon, there's an auction coming up this month. On Saturday, July 21st there's an entertainment memorabilia auction happening in Dallas, Texas that is going to attract lots of fans of the guitar great Tom Petty.
Heritage Auctions announced this week that they will be having an Entertainment and Memorabilia auction that will include a couple of Tom Petty's guitars, as well as jackets and hats he has worn on stage and in music videos. Up for auction includes:
- A cherry-red 1965 Gibson SG electric guitar that Tom played during Bob Dylan's 1986-1987 tour. The back of the guitar is signed by Tom Petty in silver ink with the year ('88)
- The brown felt top hat that Petty wore during the Bob Dylan tour, that was also worn in two Traveling Wilburys videos; "Handle with Care" and "End of the Line."
- A signed 1963 White Gibson SG Junior electric guitar
- Stage worn black and gold calvary jacket circa 2000
- Stage worn black and red western jacket circa 1991
- Stage worn custom blue jacket with black trim circa 1991
- Stage worn black dragon print jacket
You can check out more of the items for sale in this auction at the HA website. A portion of the proceeds from these auctions will be donated to some of Tom Petty's favorite Los Angeles charities including: the Midnight Mission, which aids local homeless people; and the Tazzy Animal Rescue Fund.