Funniest Wikipedia Edits by Hackers
Wikipedia is one of the most useful sources of information on the internet. The website is a free online encyclopedia that gets updated daily and the people/person making those updates (turns out most of the Wikipedia edits are made by one guy that does it for free) are doing it just for the sake of accurate information being made available to all who seek it. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it isn't too hard to hack in and make some interesting edits of your own. Thanks to the diligence of the people watching for this kind of internet graffiti these edits don't stay up long, however, thankfully we still have screenshots to look back on some of the funniest edits and here's a list of the top 7. Enjoy!
1. "List of serial killers by number of victims", which is a page on wikipedia I happen to frequent. You know how on some of the entries you'll see this disclaimer; "This list is incomplete, you can help by expanding it..."? Well someone added an additional disclaimer; "Please do not expand the list by killing people", which I thought was a smart move but what do I know?
2. The page on the "First Law of Thermodynamics" is you do not talk about thermodynamics. Well played.
3. That time someone hacked Wikipedia and described Charlie Sheen as being "half man, half cocaine", still not sure why that one was taken down.
4. When the definition of Batman was replaced with; DUN NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH DUH NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH BATMAN! and on and on...
5. Someone, likely well meaning, during the course of editing some information on the page for "The Harlem Shake (dance)" accidentally deleted everything and then reached out on the page for help saying, "Oh God! I didn't mean to delete it all, just one paragraph! Please help!".
6. In the definition for something many times at the bottom of the page you'll see some entries that say "see also..." with examples of other similar words ect.... the page on the "God Complex" looks legit to the very end aside from the part where the "see also..." lists Kaynye West.
7. One of my personal favorites was a snake defined as "long frog tubes".
You can find a longer list here at Bored Panda.