Words Midland/Odessa folks just can’t pronounce
Every area has it's own way of doing and saying things, and we're no different. I've noticed our area is pretty relaxed when it comes to the way we talk, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, there are some words we need to work on. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I've been guilty as well, maybe even adding a little too much of that West Texas twang here and there. I'm just saying I've met some folks I needed a translator to talk to. So here it is, our top 7 most mispronounced words. See which ones you're guilty of.
7. Spoil-I'll let you figure that one out
6. Coors-Cuurs is not a brand of beer so stop ordering it!
5. Anything with an "I" in the middle, riiight, niiight, liiight, SPRIIIIIIITE!!!
4. Taco Villa- It's Taco Vee-ah or Taco Villa, not Taco Vee-lah folks
3. Rosa's- Roll your "R" then oosas, not the flower you spend too much for on Valentine's day (not Valentimes)
2. Midland- The name of this town does not include the letter "T"
And the most mispronounced word in Midland/Odessa? I'm sure you've guessed it by now....
1. Oil- ...... I'm just going to leave this right here.