Five Random Facts For Wednesday
Here are your random facts to get you over the hump of hump day.
- According to the Smithsonian Institute, Oxford University in England is older than the Aztec people. Oxford became a university in 1249, the Aztecs originated in 1325.
- According to Jalopnik.com, The most common street name in America is Second Street. Most towns will name their first street Main Street, but will pretty much always go with Second Street for their second street.
- According to Wikipedia, the best selling video game in history is “Tetris.” Across all its versions, it has sold at least 143 million copies. “Wii Sports” is second, at 82 million.
- According to the Smithsonian Institute, until the 1940’s, baby boys were dressed in pink and baby girls were dressed in blue. Pink was for boys because it was considered a stronger color, blue was for girls because it was considered more delicate and dainty.
- According to the New York Times, the two top-selling items at Walmart before a hurricane are Pop-Tarts and beer.
That should get you over the hump and ready for the weekend.