Five Random Facts for Thursday
It’s almost the weekend, Friday Eve as I like to call it, and here are 5 random facts to get you to the weekend.
- According to the Huffington Post, Betty White is older than sliced bread. She was born in 1922 and sliced bread was introduced in 1928.
- According to Wikipedia, before there was penicillin, the best available cure for syphilis was to give someone malaria.
- According to Atlas Obscura, the coldest inhabited place on earth is a village called Oymyakon in Siberia, Russia. If you were to go outside naked on an average day, you would freeze to death in one minute. Its record low temperature is 141 below zero Fahrenheit
- According to Snopes, John Tyler was President of the U.S. from 1841 to 1845, and died in 1862. Beilieve it or not, he has two living grandchildren, both in their 80′s.
- According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, the NFL threatened to move next year’s Super Bowl to another location if Arizona had passed the bill allowing businesses not to serve gays. They have moved it from Arizona once before. In 1993, they moved the Super Bowl out of Arizona when the state legislature voted down a bill to make Martin Luther King Day an official state holiday. The Super Bowl was moved to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California where the Dallas Cowboys beat the Buffalo Bills 52-17.
There are your random facts for today, enjoy your Friday Eve!!