Five Random Facts for the Weekend
Its the weekend so here are some random facts to get you through it.
- According to io9, no one is sure when NASA is going to send people to space again, but if you want to fly a spaceship, you have to be between 5’2″ and 6’3″. If you are shorter or taller, they don’t want you driving their space vehicles.
- According to Wikipedia, Woody Harrelson’s father, Charles, was a hitman who was convicted for killing a federal judge here in Texas in 1979. He died in federal prison doing a life sentence.
- According to Indiana Public Media, broccoli was manmade. It was created through carefully breeding wild kale that had the right traits. Cauliflower and Brussels sprouts are manmade too.
- According to Wikipedia, the name “Gary” is only popular thanks to actor Gary Cooper whose real name is actually Frank Cooper. He adopted the name Gary after the city of Gary, Indiana because it seemed like a tough place and he wanted to be tough.
- According to Merriam-Webster, the plural of the word “beef” is beeves.
There you go, now you have stuff to talk about around the dinner table or while hanging with friends.