Valentines Day Ideas Other Than Just Flowers or Chocolates
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and while Tawny and I don't really go out on V Day, we can find other ways to make the day fun for both of us. Here's a few simple ideas that can take an ordinary box of chocolates or bouquet of flowers, and make them a lasting memory that earns you tons of brownie points.
- Scavenger Hunt: If you just have money for a simple gift, it's no big deal. I think the effort means more than the cost. Get a simple box of Chocolates and set up a scavenger hunt around your house...or even around your city.
- Take a Dance Class: There's a few places around town that teach dance. Learn how to country dance like a champ, or even...tango. Even if you just sign up for a few classes, it'll make her feel like you really put some thought towards getting closer t her.
- Make a Homemade Meal Together: It's a classic, but man it works. Throw on some slow music, grab a $15 bottle of wine, light a few candles, and boom. Valentines Day done right,
- Go on a Picnic: It's west Texas. Chances are, the weather won't be too bad and picnics are a sure way to make her happy. It's crazy to me. It's like pulling teeth to get some girls outdoors for camping or hunting, but call it a picnic and suddenly you're Leo DiCaprio.
- Walk or Bike Together: The nature walk in south Midland is a GREAT place to keep in mind for this and it's free.
- Netflix Movie Night: It's simple. I would recommend pairing this with the "make a homemade meal together" idea and some chocolates. Oh and fellas, let her pick the movie.