The Challenge of The White Elephant Gift
So it's that time of year again when the company Christmas party arises or even that invite to a holiday party and you're told it's a White Elephant party, so in other words you pick out a gift that is generally crap, wrap it up and then begin the trading process!
Here is a general run down of the rules of the White Elephant Gift Exchange:
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool
2. Players draw names to determine what order they will go in
3. Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone who’s gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
What a lot of work! I think it would be easier to have a few drinks and go home! LOL
How is your office celebrating this holiday?