Summer is Coming: Top 10 Consecutive 90 Degree Days in Midland-Odessa Since 1930
Summer is just a couple of months away, so here are the top 10 longest streaks of days with temperatures over 90 degrees in the Midland/Odessa area since weather records started being kept in 1930.
- 94 Days - June 3-September 4, 2020 - This was the first summer of the pandemic, and it proved to be one of the years we had the most consecutive days of temperatures at 90 degrees or warmer.
- 92 Days - May 19-August 18, 1953 - This record lasted 67 years before it was surpassed by 2 days in the summer of 2020.
- 89 Days - June 14-September 10, 1951 - It seems like the early 1950s turned out to be a hot one here in the Midland/Odessa area.
- 85 Days - May 21-August 13, 2011 - This is the only other summer in the 21st Century to have the longest number of consecutive 90 or over degree days.
- 75 Days - June 2-August 15, 1964 - This is one of only two summers in the 1960s where temperatures stayed 90 degrees or above for more than 60 days or 2 months.
- 74 Days - June 24-September 5, 1977 - This is the only streak of 90 or above degree days in the top 10 from the decade of the 1970s.
- 70 Days - July 6-September 13, 1983 - This also is the only streak of 90 or above degree days in the top 10 from the 1980s.
- 69 Days - June 17-August 24, 1969 - The Summer of Love turned out to be one of the top 10 longest numbers of consecutive days at 90 degrees or warmer.
- 68 Days - June 17-August 23, 1947.
- 65 Days - June 24-August 27, 1946.
The records from the 1940s are still hanging in there but by a thread. We will see if the summer of 2022 will be a record-setting one as far as the number of consecutive days at 90 degrees or over.
Texas Man Has Made Six Figures Suing Telemarketers Over Robocalls