Not Going There! Here Is Why No Plans Vacations To The Permian Basin
Here are five reasons why Midland/Odessa is not a prime vacation spot:
1. Water! We have no water, meaning no lakes, no beaches, or rivers. The closest watering hole is two or more hours away.
2. We have dirt! I don't mean beautiful sandy beaches, I mean dirt! Brown or red dirt that gets everywhere. Since it doesn't rain much and the wind blows like crazy, everything is constantly dusty.
3. It's hot! You all know what I mean when I say it's hot. In the summer we are pushing temps of around 100 or more. Then when the wind blows and it's 100 or more, it feels like you are standing in front of an open oven door.
4. No major attractions. We have little things to do here but no major big attractions. We don't have an amusement park, water park, or even a state park.
5. Lack of Scenery! Unless you enjoy looking at mesquite bushes and pump jacks, we definitely lack scenery. We have hardly any trees and a whole lot of dirt. On a positive note, we do have beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
We may don't be the most aesthetically provocative attraction, but we do live in a place that we can get away from for a little while.