Chris Cornell Remembered in Self-Titled Legacy Album
Chris Cornell is the subject of a self-titled album that aims to outline the late Soundgarden singer’s musical legacy.
It will be released on Nov. 16 in a number of of formats, with a total of 11 previously unreleased songs across the offerings. They all include “When Bad Does Good,” which was released as a taster track.
“Since Chris’ sudden passing I have put all my efforts and energy into sharing his music and legacy with his fans from all over the world,” his widow Vicky said in a statement. “I felt we needed to create a special collection to represent all of him – the friend, husband and father, the risk taker and innovator, the poet and artist. His soaring vocals found their way into the hearts and souls of so many. His voice was his vision and his words were his peace. This album is for his fans.”
You can watch the lyric video for “When Bad Does Good” below.
The album was produced by Brendan O’Brien, while Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament created the artwork. It was assembled with help from a range of Cornell’s friends and colleagues, and included memorials written by Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Tom Morello and Mike McCready.
Along with single CD, double LP and four-disc deluxe editions, a limited-edition super deluxe set contains the four discs of the deluxe version plus seven LPs and a DVD, hardback book, three lithographs, three light-responsive lithographs, turntable mat, cleaning cloth and poster.
You can see the single CD track listing below.
‘Chris Cornell’ Track Listing
1. “Loud Love” (Soundgarden)
2. “Outshined” (Soundgarden)
3. “Hunger Strike” (Temple of the Dog)
5. “Black Hole Sun” (Soundgarden)
6. “Can’t Change Me”
7. “Like a Stone” (Audioslave)
8. “Be Yourself” (Audioslave)
9. “You Know My Name”
10. “Billie Jean”
11. “Long Gone” (Rock Version)
12. “Call Me a Dog” (Live Acoustic)
13. “Been Away Too Long” (Soundgarden)
14. “Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart”
15. “Nothing Compares 2 U” (Live at Sirius XM) (unreleased)
16. “The Promise”
17. “When Bad Does Good” (unreleased)