Amazing Slang Words From The 80s!
With our Totally 80s Fest featuring Skid Row and hosted by Flavor Flav, I started thinking about all the incredible slang words that came from out of the 80s.
So I thought I would compile a list of the Top 15 slang words from the 80s and what they meant and of course if you can think of mare please share!
So here we go!
1. Gnarly – A surfer reference that was used as a way to show that something was cool.
2. Dude/Dudette – Gender specific noun’s used in place of a person’s name.
3. Like Totally – Used as a way to express extreme agreement with someone or something.
4. Tubular – Another surfer reference, this slang word was used as a way to express excitement in something or someone.
5. What’s Your Damage? – This 80’s slang term was used to express annoyance, anger, shock, etc.
6. Choice – A slang word used to describe something or someone that is awesome, amazing, cool, etc.
7. Burn/Burned – As an 80’s slang word, this was used when someone or some trivial thing was proved wrong.
8. Grody – Used as a way to show disgust in something or someone.
9. Rad – This 80’s slang word was used to say that something or someone was cool, awesome, great, neat, etc.
10. Bogus – Used as a way to show disbelief or that something or someone was wrong, unbelievable, etc.
11. Gag Me with a Spoon – The 80’s slang term was used to show disgust or extreme dislike.
12. Wiggin’/Wiggin’ Out – Used to show that something or someone was crazy, weird, losing it, etc.
13. To the Max – This slang term was used to show something or someone was extremely awesome or cool.
14. Eat My Shorts – Made famous by the loveable bad boy Bart Simpson in the TV show The Simpsons, this slang term was used as a funny comeback.
15. Fresh – The 80’s slang word was used when something was cool, awesome, etc.