Yes or BS — TV Show Restaurants
They're opening a restaurant in New York based on the show The Golden Girls. Here is a Yes or BS based on some iconic restaurants from TV shows.
- The diner in Seinfeld was Monk's, but in real life if was called Tom's.
- Yes - The outside shot was of a placed called Tom's, but inside was a studio in L.A.
- The name of the diner in Saved By the Bell was The Max.
- Yes - A restaurant in Chicago just opened and it's called Saved By the Max. But it'll only be open until the end of the year.
- Russia has a real life version of the Krusty Krab from SpongeBob Squarepants.
- Yes - It opened in Moscow earlier this year. There another one in Palestine as well that opened back in 2014.
- The barbecue place on House of Cards is a real restaurant in Washington D.C. called Freddy's.
- BS - It was called Freddy's on the show, but it was filmed in an abandoned building in Baltimore.
- Los Pollos Hermanos from Breaking Bad was actually the inside of a Taco Bell in L.A.
- BS - It was a Mexican place called Twisters in Albuquerque, New Mexico.