Ten Statistics You Really Don’t Want To Know
I figured I would give you something to get you ready for your weekend with a few statistics you probably didn’t want to know but will be more knowledgeable knowing them anyway.
1. There are between 35 and 50 active serial killers in the U.S. at any given moment.
2. 90% of Americans live within 15 minutes of a Walmart.
3. CPR only saves people’s lives between 5% and 10% of the time.
4. More American soldiers died from suicide last year than from combat.
5. Nine million children under age five around the world die every year from very treatable diseases and illnesses, like diarrhea and pneumonia.
6. Breast cancer kills 300 men every year.
7. There are about 800 million people worldwide who are classified as overweight or obese, and another 800 million who are starving.
8. Somewhere between 2% and 4% of people think the wrong man is their father.
9. For the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the government could have installed solar panels on the roof of every house in America.
10. And on a lighter note, 9% of people say they never pick their noses.
So there they are to catapult you into your holiday weekend.