Survey Says: Our Top Pet Peeves
What are the main things that just really get you riled up? Well a lot of them are covered in a recent poll.
A new Harris Interactive poll had people compare two similar pet peeves and rank which one bothers them the most. Here are the results:
1. Plane etiquette. What bothers you more: People who hog the overhead bins versus people who recline their seats in coach? Overhead bin hogs got 65% of the vote, people who recline got 35%.
2. Bad driving. What bothers you more: Tailgaters or slow drivers in the left lane? Tailgaters have the slight edge, 53% to 47%.
3. Public cell phone etiquette. What bothers you more: People who have loud phone calls in public or people who check their phones during conversations? Loud public callers got about two-thirds of the votes, 65% to 35%.
4. Email etiquette. What bothers you more: People who always “reply all” on emails or people who don’t reply to emails at all? The “reply all” people had a tiny edge, 51% to 49%.
5. Social media etiquette. What bothers you more: Excessive complaining on social media or excessive bragging on social media? Believe it or not, complaining was voted worse, 55% to 45%.
6. Parenting etiquette. What bothers you more: Parents who let their kids run wild or people who give unsolicited parenting advice to strangers? The parents with wild kids won huge over unsolicited advice, 86% to 14%.
7. Grammar etiquette. What bothers you more: People who misuse common words or people who correct other people’s grammar? People who misuse words won, 57% to 43%.
8. Lateness etiquette. What bothers you more: People who are always late, or people who are totally intolerant of lateness? The people who are always late won, 80% to 20%.
9. Confrontation etiquette. What bothers you more: People who are openly rude or people who are passive aggressive? Openly rude people won, 85% to 15%.
10. Temperature etiquette. What bothers you more: People who complain about the heat or people who complain about the cold? People complaining about heat are worse, 57% to 43%.
So let us know how you feel about the top pet peeves by commenting in the comments section below.