Survey Says: Five Good Excuses to Skip the Gym
How is the new gym regiment going? For most the bad excuses for not going to the gym are coming to light, but we have some good reasons to skip the gym.
According to Time, there is a new study that says working out a ton might not be that great for losing weight. Moderate exercise is good, but then your metabolism adjusts, so you don't end up burning that many extra calories, and it's really more about diet.
But here are also five specific times it's alright to skip a workout, and not feel guilty about it:
- When you're sick. If you're just slightly sick, a light workout can make you feel a little better, and the same goes for a hangover. But if you've got a bad cold or the flu, you'll just run yourself down more.
- When you're injured. At least don't use the part of your body that's hurt. Like if you tweaked your shoulder, just do a leg day to give your upper body time to heal.
- When you're exhausted because you haven't slept. If you're on four hours sleep and have to choose between the gym or sleeping an extra hour, it's okay to sleep in.
- When you're really sore from a previous workout. A little sore is okay, but if it's really bad, take a recovery day. Or just go for a walk or a jog.
- When you truly don't have time. In other words, getting to the gym shouldn't always be your top priority. For instance, if it's either getting in a workout or making it to your kid's PTA meeting, skip the workout.