Six Ways to Make Sure Your Holiday Season Doesn’t Suck
Some people get annoyed by the holiday season right around Thanksgiving and let stress gain momentum through till the new year.
According to the Huffington Post, here are six ways to break that cycle of stress:
- Do something fun that you used to do as a kid. Like watching a favorite holiday movie or going ice skating.
- Do something selfish. Take a nap or schedule a massage or spa treatment
- Go outside. Here in West Texas it is sometimes a nice warm day, so go for a walk and get some fresh air.
- Volunteer. Helping other people is a great way to make yourself feel better. But don't force yourself to do something you don't like, make sure it is something you will enjoy.
- Honor people who have passed on. You can get depressed during the holidays if you think about love ones you have lost, so honor them by making their favorite food, drink, or doing the things they loved to do.
- Forgive your family. Some of them may be annoying, or worse, but they probably love you. So let go of any anger or resentment, it will be a favor to you.