Seven Ways to Be Cool on Social Media According to Teenagers
I stumbled on this story this morning and it piqued my interest enough to share with you. Just in case you want to seem cool to teenagers, here is what you can do on social media to accomplish that feat.
- Your ratio of “following” to “followers” is important. You want to have at least a 2:1 follower to following ratio. So if you have 1,000 followers, you don’t want to follow more than 500.
- Hashtags shouldn’t be overused, and should only be used ironically. Oh, and stop saying throwback Thursday, it’s lame.
- Keep videos short in length, and don’t post too many of them.
- When you do post a photo, make sure it’s worth while. Make sure you’re doing something fun.
- There is now a maximum numbers of emojis to use at the end of a post. And that is THREE emojis.
- Remember when posting pictures of food was cool? Neither do I, and apparently teenagers agree with me. Don’t do it. If you do, make it very rare.
- Selfies are becoming a thing of the past. Especially if you are by yourself in your selfies. It makes it look like you don’t have friends.