Five Random Mother’s Day Facts
Here are five random facts for you as you celebrate Mother's Day with mom.
- According to National Geographic, this year marks the 100th anniversary of President Woodrow Wilson officially naming Mother's Day a U.S. holiday.
- According to National Geographic, Mother's Day was originally started in the 1850s by a woman named Ann Jarvis, and it wasn't about giving gifts. It was a day for mothers to rally together behind causes like fighting disease, mourning soldiers, and promoting peace.
- According to WEWS-TV in Cleveland, Americans will spend $19.9 billion on Mother's Day this year.
- According to PR Newswire, 28% of people say they don't feel they know, or knew, their mother as much as they would like to.
- According to Huffington Post, 30% of mothers in the U.S. are stay-at-home moms.
There are some facts to discuss while you are celebrating with your mom today.