Five Random Facts for Wednesday
Getting you over the hump of hump day, here are five random facts.
- According to the Huffington Post, the word “tragedy” comes from the Greek word “tragoedia” which literally translates to goat song. One theory is because actors used to dress as goats in plays.
- According to Wikipedia, octopus wrestling was a brief fad back in the 60′s. There were actually octopus wrestling championships in Washington every year.
- According to Marketplace, the President gets free rent at The White House, but pays for it in everything else. That includes, groceries, housekeeping, parties, vacations, and toiletries.
- According to Wikipedia, Ellen DeGeneres was offered the role of Phoebe on “Friends” and turned it down, so Lisa Kudrow ended up getting the part.
- According to Princeton University, young elephants, pandas, hippos, and koalas instinctively eat their mother’s feces because it contains bacteria they need to properly digest vegetation.
There are five random facts for you to digest on this Wednesday, just keep from eating any kind of feces.