Five Random Facts For Wednesday
Here is your mid-week edition of Random Facts.
- According to History.com, when Oprah gave everyone in her audience a car back in 2004, it turned out everyone there ended up owing the IRS about $6,000 in taxes.
- According to Wikipedia, Bluetooth is named after a 10th century Scandinavian king, Harald Bluetooth. He united Danish tribes into one kingdom. When Bluetooth technology was invented, they picked the name because it unified the way machines communicated.
- According to Wikipedia, "Weird Al" Yankovic started the Volcano Worshippers club at his high school in California. He says they didn't actually worship volcanoes, they just wanted to get another photo of themselves in the yearbook.
- According to VH1, Christian Bale was offered the role of James Bond before Daniel Craig. He turned it down because he thinks James Bond, "embodies every despicable stereotype about British actors" and he had, "already played a serial killer."
- According to How Stuff Works, every ounce of ice water you drink burns one calorie.
There are your Random Facts to get you over the hump of the week.