Five Random Facts For Wednesday
Here are your Hump Day random facts.
- According to How Stuff Works, by age 70, your body has shed 105 pounds of skin.
- According to ABC News, 40% of people are afraid of flying, which might be the most disproportionate fear based on the risk. If you took one flight a day, the odds are you wouldn’t be in a fatal crash for 55,000 years.
- According to Amusing Planet, the world’s shortest commercial flight is between two islands in northern Scotland. The flight is 1.7 miles and the official time is two minutes, but takes closer to 47 seconds.
- According to Mental Floss, Beverly Hills was named after Beverly Farms, Massachusetts. That was named after Beverley, Yorkshire, England which was named in 700 A.D. because of a colony of beavers. So Beverly Hills is named after medieval English beavers.
- According to Forbes, Pablo Escobar was on their first billionaires list in 1987 thanks to the $3 billion he’d made from his cocaine empire. He also made the list for the next seven years, right up until he was killed in 1993.
That should get you over the hump.