Five Random Facts for Tuesday
Here are some random facts for your Tuesday.
- According to the Washington Post, in 2013, for the 8th year in a row, the cost of making pennies and nickels cost more then the value of the coins. Pennies cost 1.8 cents to make, while nickels cost 9.4 cents to make.
- According to FemaleFirst, Emetophobia is an extreme fear of throwing up. It’s not common, but 90% of people who have it are female.
- According to Swiss Watch Wire, in watch advertisements, the watches are virtually all showing the time as 10:10. It’s the best way to frame the logo on the watch, plus it makes the watch look like it is “smiling.”
- According to SI.edu, The only American president to ever own a patent was Abraham Lincoln. When he was a lawyer, he patented a flat bottomed boat design, but it never made it to market.
- According to Daily Mail, it is possible to overdose on Brussels sprouts. They have high levels of vitamin K, which can promote blood clotting. So if you take blood thinners and consume several dozen Brussels sprouts, It could send you to the hospital.