Five Random Facts For Thursday
Here are some random facts to keep you busy till the weekend.
- According to Cube 20, no matter how scrambled a Rubik’s Cube is, there is a way to solve it within 20 moves.
- According to Gizmopod, Superman was originally supposed to be a bad guy. Jerry Siegle created Superman in 1933 for a short story called “The Reign of the Superman.” A year later he decided it made more sense for him to be a hero.
- According to Wikipedia, The YMCA initially threatened to sue the Village People over their song “YMCA,” but dropped the suit when their memberships skyrocketed because of the song.
- According to The Rocky Mountain News, Denver and the state of Colorado are the only place to ever turn down the Olympic Games. They were originally awarded the 1976 Winter Olympics, but in 1972, the people of Colorado voted overwhelmingly not to spend tax dollars to prepare and have the games played there. The 1976 Winter Olympics were then awarded to Innsbruck, Austria.
- According to Wikipedia, before going to Vietnam, John McCain was on “Jeopardy.” He was a one-day champion.
There are some facts for you to tell your friends about.