Five Random Facts For the Weekend
It's the weekend so here are five random facts for you.
- According to Huffington Post, no one knows for sure when the fire hydrant was invented because ironically the patent was lost in a fire at the U.S. patent office in 1836.
- According to Wikipedia, World War One was known as the "First World War" as early as 1920, a full 19 years before there was a second world war.
- According to World History Blog, until 1936, Lichtenstein and Haiti had the same flag without realizing it. It was a simple flag, the top half was blue, the bottom half was red. After they found out at the 1936 Olympics, Lichtenstein added a yellow crown.
- According to Medium, until kale salads became trendy last year, the biggest buyer of kale in the U.S. was Pizza Hut. Not to feed to people, but to use as decoration on their salad bars.
- According to Wikipedia, in Tajikistan, unibrows are considered attractive on both men and women.
There are your random facts for your weekend, enjoy.