How Much Does It Cost to See Your Favorite Team? The Answer May Surprise You
Going to a sporting event can hurt your wallet more than getting tossed aside by a linebacker in pursuit of the quarterback.
But just how much will you pay when you see your favorite team play?
A new analysis has calculated how much it costs one person to see each team in the four major North American sports.
The rankings take into account average ticket price, one beer, one soda, one hot dog and half the cost of parking. Other items, like souvenirs, were not included.
The biggest bargain going can be found in the desert – the Arizona Diamondbacks have the cheapest price, at $30.14 per person, edging out the Tampa Bay Rays, who came in second at $32.39. The cheapest teams are all found in Major League Baseball -- in fact, the top 16 and 18 of the top 20 are all baseball teams.
The Dallas Cowboys may be America’s Team, but they rake in so much money they should be called Bank of America’s Team. A fan will spend a whopping $166.70 to see them, making them owners of the most expensive team to see. The NBA’s New York Knicks came in a distant second at $157.47. Generally speaking, the most expensive teams can be found in the NFL, which has eight of the 10 priciest costs and
Cheapest Teams Per Person
1. Arizona Diamondbacks - $30.14
2. Tampa Bay Rays - $32.39
3. San Diego Padres - $32.99
4. Cleveland Indians - $35.59
5. Pittsburgh Pirates - $36.71
6. Cincinnati Reds - $37.35
7. Baltimore Orioles - $37.64
8. Atlanta Braves - $41.07
9. Kansas City Royals - $41.33
10. Milwaukee Brewers - $41.45
Most Expensive Teams Per Person
1. Dallas Cowboys - $166.70
2. New York Knicks - $157.47
3. New England Patriots - $153.09
4. Toronto Maple Leafs - $151.41
5. Chicago Bears - $145.10
6. Baltimore Ravens - $141.19
7. New York Giants - $140.69
8. Washington Redskins - $139.80
9. New York Jets - $139.28
10. Los Angeles Lakers - $125.50